Using spray foam insulation in San Antonio has immediate and long-term benefits that significantly outweigh the initial costs of installation. Traditional insulation types are fibrous, inefficient and fragile. They cannot match the benefits of spray foam.
Spray foam insulation is superior over fiberglass. It has air sealing properties. Fiberglass does not provide an air barrier, allowing air to move through it no matter how well it is installed. When air flows through, the air outside and inside combines and creates condensation inside the walls.
Open-cell vs Closed-cell foam
Spray foam insulation can be either open-cell or closed-cell. Both provide a great thermal and air barrel. Closed-cell foam is waterproof. It will not allow water to move through it. Open-cell foam allows water to move through it and dry.
Spray foam and attic ventilation
Spray foam is usually applied to the underside of your roof’s deck. The insulation plane from the ceiling to the roof deck is raised. Space in the attic area becomes conditioned with a temperature of between 80 and 90 degrees Celsius instead of 150.
Spray foam insulation in San Antonio highlights
- Huge heating and cooling savings monthly
- Use your HVAC equipment less often, improving your home’s energy efficiency.
- Adds resale value to your San Antonio home
- Reduces allergens, moisture and pollutants
- Keeps your family comfortable year round, even during cold bitter winters or hot summers
- Reduces the risk of drafts, hot or cold spots
- Minimizes noise from external sources and even from within your San Antonio home, for instance, plumbing runs
- Closed-cell insulation adds structural integrity to your home
- Spray foam is fire and insect resistant
Other great benefits of spray foam installation in San Antonio
Initial installation is a bit expensive. It could even be 3 times more when compared to other types of installation. Long term savings outweigh cost differences. The difference in price will have been recovered within the first 5 years. Savings continue throughout the life of the home. Spray foam will not deteriorate, meaning that the savings continue indefinitely.
- Strengthens your walls
- Spray foam increases the strength of your walls. It acts like glue, holding your roof sheathing in place, especially during high winds.
- Savings on heating and cooling costs
- Only one application is required in order to seal and insulate. A contractor will be done within no time.
- Keeps mold and allergens at bay
Air gaps can allow mold spores to enter your San Antonio home. When these spores settle on moist spots, they will begin to grow. Spray foam insulation prevents moisture from entering the home.
Why spray foam installation should be done by a professional
Many things could go wrong if your spray foam installation is not done by a professional. Some of the issues that may arise include:
- The spray foam not being thick enough
- Some leakage sites may be missed
- There could be too much or too little spray foam
All in All
There are many benefits of Spray foam insulation in San Antonio. You will save on heating and cooling costs, keep allergens at bay, reduce noise, strengthen your walls and increase your home resale value. Most importantly, your spray foam insulation needs to be installed by a professional to avoid issues like some leakage sites being leaked.
Learn more about home insulation for San Antonio